The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drag Slicks on 15" and 16" rims

bazeng

Hi Guys,

I'm in search for the best sized slick for my Galant VR4.

My wheel sizes of choice are:

16x8"
15x8"

My question to you all is, what sized slick can I put on the GVR4 without any modification of gaurds etc?

I've looked at members rides etc and have noticed that some are using 26x8x15. Unsure of wheel width though.

Any advice will help.

I'm hoping that this will reduce my chances of breaking axels.

bazeng

After some research and emails with some of the quick guys on this forum.

I have been advised

26x8x15 are too tall and require modification.
24.5x8x15 would fit without modification.

I'll be trying the 24.5x8x15 sized slicks sometime soon.

I'll advise on fitment and provide photos when available.

slugsgomoo

15" wheels give you the option of the M&H 24.5x8.5x15 (which I think only requires a 7" wheel), whereas your choices on 16" wheels are more limited. You can get the hoosiers in 15 & 16" choices so not as big of an issue there.

Are you concerned about hitting the fenders? You have coilovers, so you don't have to worry about the factory perches right? My concern would be fender rub, especially since bias tires have some ability to grow.

As for pics, Gizmo has a bunch of pictures with the slicks on his car, so I'd probably start on his members ride there. Also, I think Garage Defeat does as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned