The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans

armyVR4

Who rebuilds the best Trans.. I keep hearing good things about Jacks 2.2 trans (only company with a 14 month warranty under 700hp) Tell me who's the best.....

James

Everyone is going to give you different opinions. People have had great and terrible experiences with most every company out there.

5OF2k

Im partial to Jacks for many reasons, not just their trans building capabilities. For instance, they are ALWAYS willing to help out a fellow enthusiast if theyre able to, regardless if it's soemthing to do with parts, or simply letting you pick their brains. All in all, they are a shop dedicated to customer satisfaction, and on top of that they do really, really good work.

My vote goes to the guys at Jack's.

-Jake

maxash0775

I have only dealt with one of the big ones, TRE. John over there was honest and helped me with one of his used transmissions that I did t even buy directly from him. He never rushed me and took his time explaining more than I ever wanted to know about transmissions. I like dealing with any one that drops an "F" bomb in an initial conversation. Transmission also works great. Sometimes I did have to be persistant with calls and there "sales" extension I do t think really exist.

That's my 2cents

DynastyLCD

you'll find out quick that no shop or builder can do a transmission that's worth buying.

every built trans (maybe not the new stuff that Jack's is coming out with) that i've ever seen, still used Mitsubishi gears, which will break. sure, it's got double synchros, billet shift forks, and a different ratio, etc, but you'll still break the same parts you would in a stock transmission. the next step up is a dogbox, then you break that too, and it costs STUPID money to replace parts in that.

IMHO, learn how to do it yourself, or get a friend who knows. then, stockpile transmissions and parts, put them together, blow em up, and don't pay for anything besides parts. again, this is my .02 cents about the ordeal. i also build all my own transmissions (for all the above reasons) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CutlassJim

I have a TRE trans I purchase second hand and love it. I've driven a Shep trans and didn't like the feel of it. No experience with Jacks. TRE is building me a maxlock rear diff right now though and their shot peening process is world class.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned