The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil squirters

kooter

do you mean to put it back in with the tube broken off, or leaving the entire thing out. I would think leaving it out completely would cause a problem with oil pressure.
But that is just what I would guess.

Steve885

The pistons broke off the tubes (not my build ) the guy working on my car is having a hard time with them. I'm just wondering if its ok to just let them squirt down into the oil pan rather then plug the hole or block them off..I've noticed some people block them when they build their engine using forged pistons..

fuel

I would say it would be a bit of an oil pressure drop if the oil squirters were simply removed without being blanked off.

EHmotorsports

I have 2g pistons and blocked off the squirters. Works just fine.

prove_it

It depends on if the tubes broke before or after the check valves in them. If the valves are there and work, it shouldn't be a big deal to just let them squirt. Personally I would replace or block them off though. You will see an increase of oil pressure, but IIRC it's not a huge increase.

theevozero

^^^THIS^^^

YES, if will cause an oil pressure issue if you leave them out! Like, kiss your bottem end goodbye in 60 seconds or less.

Fiascoxl

Not to thread jack, but what does everyone use to "block them off". I am assuming a simple bolt an crush washer deal?

prove_it

Aren't the check valves part of the tube.....?

EMX5636

Check valves are part of the banjo bolt. The rest is just hollow. I would block them off if you aren't going to buy new ones and tweak them to clear your pistons.

Wizardawd

I've always used new oil drain plug bolts. Correct pitch, depth and come with a nice new crush washer.

Wiz

EMX5636

Quoting Wizardawd:
I've always used new oil drain plug bolts. Correct pitch, depth and come with a nice new crush washer.

Wiz

+1.

EHmotorsports

Quoting Wizardawd:

Wiz

+2 and use red loctite

5OF2k

I always remove them. As stated above, the proper tune will void the need for the squirters, and IMHO, if youre spinning the motoe past 7k(honestly, even if youre not), the extra oil pressure is never a bad thing. Bearing like oil, let em have it!!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned