The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Weird problem - Oil Dummy light fine at idle but then....

alansupra94

I seem to have a weird problem. My oil dummy light seems to be fine at idle but then lights up when I get to around 2k rpm. You think my sensor is bad? I will let you guys know tomorrow when I go above 4k (I was tuning the idle today and it got late).

I do have the Balance Shaft removed, the oil squirters plugged (2G piston was making contact) and the OFH ported and the spring cut down a little.

All ideas welcome.

Well, the longer I work on old cars with faulty/failing/subpar electrical, the more I rely on actual physical sensors. If the car will do this in neutral, put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the filter housing and observe your actual oil pressure. Then you can rest easy knowing it is good, or fix it if it is bad. Once you make this determination you can start chasing your electrical gremlins.

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

Okay, I will do that when I have the time. Right now the engine has been sitting for a while so many it needs to be driving around to move oil everywhere that it needs to go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned