The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help needed: Galant Knuckle vs evo1 knuckle.

misterfixit

Hi All,

I need a little help. Does anyone have, or can anyone get some pictures comparing Galant e39a knuckles and Lancer evo knukles.

I have some furtling to do on my latest project.

Cheers all.

Rich

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif What are you up to? I know its been said fwd galant ones have the steering linkage at a different height which is good for lowered cars. Hopefully the Oceanic boys from the other side of the globe chime in. Awaiting results

TRBODSM

I believe Evo 1-3 have 2g style hubs/knuckles. 1g and galant are pretty much the same just some minor differences as mentioned above.

strokin4dr

Evo 1-3's have 1g/ galant style suspension in the front. Just to clarify.

misterfixit

The suspension on my drowned lancer is junk. I figured if I'm going to spend money on it I won't be replacing like for like.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just discovered yesterday that Evo's and standard lancers don't share the same wings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lots of other things to fix first but getting sidetracked is fun..

Rich

ktmrider

Just for reference I looked into some Lancer vs EVO brake and suspension swap info recently.

As mentioned the EVO has unique bits from Lancer/Ralliart items. Didn't get into things too deeply, knowing I couldn't swap even calipers directly was enough at that point to push me/us in a different direction ( like back to the GVR4 platform LOL ).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned