The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 490/2000 $2500 OBO SOLD

91_427

I no longer have the time, space, or will to work on this car. I'm asking $2500 OBO. I will not accept paypal for this transaction. Vehicle CANNOT be driven on the street and will need to be trailered. I am willing to work with the buyer to arrange delivery. If there are any further questions please contact me either via private message or directly at CAR IS [email protected].

Here's the background on this car:

I purchased the car in July 2013 from a gentleman in central Texas area. At that time the car did not run because the engine wiring was disconnected in preparation for an engine removal. The PO had plans to get the engine built, but didn't end up going that route. I trailered it back to Arkansas where it was stored for the next 2 years under a carport and car cover. I then brought it with me to New Jersey when moved there for school. At that point I was able to reassemble the vehicle and get it running again. One fine sunny day I decided to replace the cracked stock manifold. In the process of doing that one of the exhaust studs snapped. In the process of trying to extract the broken exhaust stud I damaged the head. I then replaced the head and timing components. After reassembly the vehicle runs very rough. I'm very confident that I performed the timing belt replacement correctly and the engine is mechanically in time. I believe the rough running issue is due to a combination of boost/vacuum leak, an out of date tune (has DSMLink V3 full),and the CAS (camshaft angle sensor) being out of adjustment. I no longer have anywhere to work on this car let alone any free time to do so.

Body/Suspension/Brakes
170,XXX Miles/ Clean Title
Southern Vehicle! Minimal rust!
Non-Sunroof Model
Polyurethane Bushings throughout/ subframe/ control arms/ etc
New 1G power steering rack
New inner and Outer tie rods
Evo 8 rims and new tires (less than 500 miles)
Full ABS delete with GGSX proportioning valve
Braided steel brake lines
5 lug conversion
Both front control arms replaced

Engine
Stock 2.0 4G63T
Felpro Head Gaskets and head studs
Gates timing components
Gates waterpump
180* thermostat
New accessory drive belts
Prothane engine mounts
New spark plugs and wires

Drivetrain
Original transmission and clutch
4 bolt rear lsd differential
Redline Fluids
Metal Carrier Bearing bushings
Metal shifter end and shifter base bushings
T/E/L shortened Shift Lever
Greddy weighted shifter

Fuel and Ignition
FIC 550cc injectors
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
-6 line from pump to fuel rail
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
Fuel pump rewire
Fuellab Fuel Pressure Regulator

Turbo/Exhaust/Intake
OEM turbo, piping, and intercooler
GM MAF 3"
Full 3" exhaust with magnaflow single tip muffler
Exhaust manifold tapped with EGT probe installed
ISC/FIAV delete
Profec Manual boost controller

Interior and Misc
Manual seat belt conversion on both front seats
DSMlink V3
Greddy shift knob
89 underdash cover
All ac components installed on car, but system either needs recharged with R-12 or retrofitted to R-134 (had to drain system to remove drivetrain)
Optima red top battery relocated to trunk with 0 gauge wiring
1G washer fluid reservoir relocated to where oem airbox used to be

THE BAD
Transmission grinds a little on 1-2 shift @rpms over 3000 ( I have a bmtranny stage 2 transmission that can be included for the right price)
Needs an alignment badly
Runs pretty rough
Needs a tune (DSMlink V3)
PO removed spoiler so there are holes in trunk lid
Front grille missing clips
Hood slightly bent on D/S
D/S a pillar has small rust spot (see pictures)
D/S a pillar interior trim piece missing
Headliner has multiple stains (see pictures)

Last edited:

Romanova

This was my old car. Wish I had the space and time for it. Good luck with the sale!

91_427

Updated price to $2500. Will also come with rebuilt transmission and any extra parts I have. Need it gone soon, and will deliver within a few hours if I get some gas money as well.

turbofonz

I am the new owner. Hmmm.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

l8apixvw

Still for sale would u be willing to trade for a running nicely modded 2000 mkiv GTI 1.8t

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings