The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aeromotive FPR - simple details of lines with pics

what size fitting did you need for the filter? i've been wanting to do the other side of my rail but i need the fiting from filter to -6.

sleepyvr4

all lines from dentsport (bimmubishi), fpr from slowboy, rail fittings from dsmparts.com, misc fittings and gauge from Jegs.

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
what size fitting did you need for the filter? i've been wanting to do the other side of my rail but i need the fiting from filter to -6.

Do some searching. I know there is a thread with the banjo bolt size.

CP

sleepy: why is it mounted so far from the fuel rail, considering the fact that the stock return line to the tank is located just behind the stock location for the FPR? I've got 2ft of stainless line on order with intentions of mounting the AFPR on the firewall behind the stock location.

sleepyvr4

because alex gave me 19ft of line. it had the fittings on the line already. I could have done a pretty sweet loopdy loop, but I ended up mounting it there.

Gordian79

I wouldnt mount regulator on firewall if i was ever gonna go racing.tech guys at race track can be bitches about that.Its an old rule that was made for rwd vehcs.Ill take pics of my set up tommorow.

sleepyvr4

they're a bunch of stifflers at pittsburgh raceway park, and they've never said anything to me about firewall location. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Gordian79

well im just saying just in case.it would suck that you work on your car all week getting it ready to go racing on weekend and when you get to track they say you can race.I looked up the rule."Cool cans, fuel-distribution blocks, etc. must be located at least 6 inches forward of the flywheel/bellhousing area on rear-wheel-drive (RWD) cars, and on opposite side of flywheel/bellhousing area on front-wheel-drive (FWD) cars."awd are considered fwd for this rule.I guess the rule was updated i remember the tech guy not letting me race becuase my fpr was on the firewall on the drivers side and after 10 min of stating my case he let me run.I had to ask why the reason for this rule was and he told and i pointed out to him that my flywheel was pointing north/south and not east/west.sleepy its definately not in a good spot on that side of the firewall.

Last edited:

Heres pics of my fpr set up mounted on my old talon. A friend of mine machined the bracket. I know the metal on the firewall right there is real thin and people sometimes have trouble with heavier stuff staying put so I used some big flat washers and thread lock nuts to mount it so it wouldn't fall. To do this I removed the windsheild wipers and windshield cover, drilled some holes and was able to get my hands in there to tighten the bolts.

front%20fpr%20bracket.jpg

frp%20bracket.jpg

fpr%20stb%20clearance.jpg

sleepyvr4

sx fuel pressure regulator diagram - same design as aeromotive

thanks a1091156 for the pics:

A - vacuum source (intake manifold or throttle body)
B - fuel inlet or block plug
C - gauge or sender
D - fuel return
E - base fuel pressure adjuster (hex stud w/ nut)
F - fuel inlet or block plug

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts