The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: LKQ GREENVILLE NC is showing a Galant VR4 on their yard

BLUELIGHTSBABY

If anyone lives in Eastern NC, LQK parts yard is showing a 1992 Kensington gray Galant VR4 on their lot. Just passing it along./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:

BLUELIGHTSBABY

Can you find out what number it is #???/1000. Maybe we can track down who owned the car, and why it ended up in the scrap yard.

Last edited:

dsmgst

It’s totally ransacked. The dash looked like was was perfect and just needed a deep clean... someone came through and decided to cut air vents out with a dull butter knife. Dog legs/body panels all gone. Front fenders are there but not in good shape. Fuel pump hangar was gone etc etc

BLUELIGHTSBABY

What??? Damn!
I know POT and another member here were able to pull some parts. Just curious as to if the front & rear suspension, rear end diff+drive train, front CV axles, any ABS stuff was left. It's a long ride to go look, if all the stuff is gone.
Thanks

pot

Staff member
To add to what dsmgst stated, yes most of the desirable parts were removed well before myself and John saw it last weekend. The vehicle arrived to LKQ according to their website and the sticker on the car, March 26, 2021.

I don’t know who, but the comment dsmgst made regarding the “butter knife” to the dash is absolutely correct. Matter of fact I’d like to know who it was that actually used a Sawzall and decided to use it to cut the Dash, Center Console, and HVAC Panel. Beyond that, hardware was left all over the ground, obscure parts, and general disarray. This was very poor etiquette and careless. Myself and John were left speechless at the sheer stupidity and apathy by whomever this was.

At any rate the following parts remain as of last weekend:

1. Rear Subrame Complete
2. 3 Bolt Differential
3. Rusty Gas Tank
4. Rear Bumper
5. Bumper Lights
6. Rear Trunk
7. Rear 4 Lug
8. Rear Trunk Harness
9. Interior Harness *Hacker per comment above
10. Chassis Harness *Hacked per comment above
11. Starter Harness *Hacked per comment above
12. Front Mount Intercooler *Most hoses were present
13. Passenger Dash Speaker
14. Speedometer Cable
15. Sideskirts
16. ABS Hydraulic Unit
17. ABS Front and Rear Wheel Speed Sensors
18. Driver Side North South Bar
19. Front 4 Lug
20. Front Subframe w/ Control Arm and Sway Bar
21. P/S Rack
22. Brake Lines *All four corners

The remainder of parts not mentioned were either hacked or left on the ground scattered.

*For those who haven’t been to a junkyard please do your best and think about other potential folks who will follow in your footsteps. This means, take the time to place hardware back in its original place if you don’t intend to purchase it. Please do not simply cut electrical wiring because you can’t spend the 5 - 20 minutes removing the entire harness. I could go on and on but the best thing to do is just be considerate of others.

BLUELIGHTSBABY

Probably a damn SUBARU owner did it !! I hate scoobies and that dumb bird catcher vent on the hoods. Reminds me of the SVO mustangs (which I used to own a long time ago), What engineering marval puts an intercooler over top a hot engine or turbocharger ???

SIDENOTE: My friend (Matt Asbil) in Gilbert SC has his 91 green VR4 up for sale. I've personally seen the car, and it's in pretty good condition.
I know he was dealing with some wiring issues. Other than that, I think it's a good buy at $2000 for a complete roller. I think he posted it here, and on the DSM trader.

The car has/had EVO 8 wheels, 5 lugs, coilovers, and many other good parts. Just tossing that bone if someone is looking for a VR4.

Last edited:

Gvr4-330

Anyone check on the car recently? My rear bumper has rotted away and I would like to find a replacement. If this one is still present and not suffering from rust itself, I might need to take a trip.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned