The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: JUN 264 poncams

CutlassJim

Got these forever ago when my friend purchased a JDM Evo 1 and rebuilt the motor for crazy race spec. They've been sitting wrapped in plastic and fogging oil so there is zero rust on them but there is some wear on the bearing surfaces. If I were to use them I would get them polished. $200 plus shipping. I can take pictures but they just look like camshafts.

GSTwithPSI

Looked around for the specs on these, and no luck. Any idea where the cam card for these might be?

I found this click, but don't know which of the 264 duration cams these are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
What makes you think they are Jun's?

CutlassJim

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looked around for the specs on these, and no luck. Any idea where the cam card for these might be?

I found this click, but don't know which of the 264 duration cams these are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I would guess the first one on the list 1004M-M001

Was listed as a mod in the for sale ad from a known trusted seller and the car was built with all good parts (Ohlins struts, lots of HKS goodies) and you can see the HAZ on the cams where material got added and reground so they at least aren't stock. Car pulled great too before he yanked the motor apart.

I just looked at them for the first time in a long time and the intake cam could be dropped in and just the exhaust cam cleaned up but I would just do them both if you were going to do them at all. Came out of a perfectly fine running motor though and I still use the head on my 6 bolt motor with another set of cams and it was fine too.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned