The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Transmission Bell Housing

abikepeddler

Need a replacement bell housing for my 91' Galant VR-4. I recently purchased one from a fellow GVR4 member already but when I unboxed it today one of the mounting points for the transfer case was broken off.

So my question is: Is it possible to still use this defective bell housing? I suspect those knowledgeable about this sort of thing will say "no way" as the forces involved require the transfer case to have all of it's bolts securely anchored to the bell housing. But perhaps some of you have already had a car with a missing transfer case bolt and had no issues. Figure I might as well ask.

Also, I could try and weld up the gap in the broken bell housing bolt tab... is that even worth trying or does someone out there have an extra GOOD bell housing I can purchase?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned