The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: stock wheels

Paddy1337

I'm at a decision point to do a 5 lug conversion or not. If I can get a full spare set of stock wheels, I'm probably going to stick with 4lug for a another year. I need to have extras as the car will be performing rally duty.

Or, if anyone wants to tell me another mitsu with the same sized wheels I can find in a junkyard that'd be great too.

thanks,
Tim

LIV4PSI

I have a set with dirt tires on them already. I would take $100 for them

Paddy1337

It's too bad the shootout isn't until late august, cuz I'd just pick them up in person.

What do you mean by dirt tires? some mud+snow street tires, or rally tires?

LIV4PSI

I believe they are rally tires, specially for dirt. I am honestly not sure though, they came with my parts car. The previous owner used to compete in rally's in the New England area.

Paddy1337

tell you what, if you get a chance to look at them tomorrow and find out exactly what tires they are (brand/size something like that), maybe a pic to confirm they have usable tread for practice, than we have ourselves a deal. If they're rally tires, they likely aren't good for a race anymore, but great to burn up in the woods practicing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LIV4PSI

I can definitely check tomorrow. I was thinking they might work for practice, that would at least make them worth shipping.

For $100, If you don't want the tires, I can pay out of pocket to have them removed to help with shipping costs.

LIV4PSI

Nope, it's been too cold for me to do much of anything

EfiniX

Quoting Paddy1337:
I'm at a decision point to do a 5 lug conversion or not. If I can get a full spare set of stock wheels, I'm probably going to stick with 4lug for a another year. I need to have extras as the car will be performing rally duty.

Or, if anyone wants to tell me another mitsu with the same sized wheels I can find in a junkyard that'd be great too.

thanks,
Tim

Coyotes has a set of stock wheels. Pm him.

89Mirageman

The 4 lug Lancer (02-07) LS and OZ rally cars are both 4 x 114.3 and use 15" wheels. Maybe a local on CL will have a nice set cheap. IF you can even find these at the junkyard I'm sure they'd want too much for them.

Paddy1337

I'll have to see where Coyotes is from. My main intent was finding some within a drivable distance. It was the rally tires that got me interested in the above wheels big time, lol.

A friend told me he has a spare set of stock wheels as well. Hasn't, however, told me a price. And I can't borrow them, as they will never be the same after being on stage.

Thanks guys

coyotes

They are in seattle and come with pretty much new snow tires. Not really feasible to ship but I would.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned