The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: speed density parts

turbophein

need everything but the IAT.

dsmlink cable
MAP sensor

i have tons of stuff to trade also

stuff to trade:

act flywheel 6-bolt
rc 550's
stock 450cc

bought the cable from ecm link $45

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

You don't need a MAF if you are going speed density

strokin4dr

Looking to buy ecmlink or just trying to get e replacement cable?

And yeah, no maf with sd, lol.

prove_it

I think you mean IAT sensor.... not MAF

turbophein

i have link just need the speed density cable.

and i edited my post and added "GM" i need a GM Maf

LIV4PSI

GM MAF isn't speed density, it is blow through. Speed density is no MAF, blowthrough is moving the MAF post intake to the intercooler piping.You are mixing the two together.

You should just need a MAP sensor, an IAT sensor, an adapter harness, and new intake. Oh, and a new tune of course

If you actually want to go blowthrough, I have a GM MAF, couplers, intake, and MAF translator for sale

Last edited:

362Ryan

If you really want one. I have a GM MAF with MAFT I will part with.

turbophein

Quoting LIV4PSI:
GM MAF isn't speed density, it is blow through. Speed density is no MAF, blowthrough is moving the MAF post intake to the intercooler piping.You are mixing the two together.

You should just need a MAP sensor, an IAT sensor, an adapter harness, and new intake. Oh, and a new tune of course

If you actually want to go blowthrough, I have a GM MAF, couplers, intake, and MAF translator for sale

Lmao i feel like a dumb ass. i am not quite sure why i was thinking i needed the GM MAf for speed density, i think the gm cable and speed density cable was mixing me up thinking i needed it. i was trying to think how i had my old car setup. i just had identical twin girls give me a break, my mind does not think the same anymore!!!

even easier now. just need the cable and map sensor. they have the map on fleabay for like $25, i have my old 2g TB elbow still with the IAT installed along with a brand new intake setup made for a vr4/speed density.

Last edited:

prove_it

If you leave your maf hooked up and install the map and IAT you can tune your VE table from the MAF. It's way faster and easier to do this.

turbophein

please explain a little further. i am right now in the process of swapping in FP2 cams, 1000cc injectors, and Speed Density. car ran pretty good before i tore it down yesterday.

prove_it

SD MAF Calibration (SDratio)

There you go. You'll need to dial in the MAF first, but that's easy. I recommend to those with limited experience to do this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned