The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: PORT AND POLISHED HEAD

pudge76

DOES ANYBODY DO IT FOR CHEAP IN SOCAL OR ARIZONA? PERFERABLY IN SOCAL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

rdomeck

^^^ Cheap is not the answer your looking for when your thinking about porting and polishing. Very easy to mess things up. Find a good 4G63 guy on the net and call and talk to them about it. Don't find just one......

OldHairyBastard

I have a head ported, polished, decked, new seals, Brian Crower springs, Inconol valves 2mm oversized. $2000.00 shipped. It's fresh and still bagged from the machine shop. PM for pictures.

3rdstrikedsm

Yea cheap and porting do not go hand and hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif To do it properly it takes many many hours.

PreskitVR4

Buy my car and you get one in the "spare parts" it comes with. It has "Spanky" scribed with an electric pencil.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting pudge76:
2000 shipped lmao

What's so funny about that? He has big money in that head ported by one of the best in the business.

rdomeck

Agreed...$2000 seems like a really good price. Inconel valves, new springs, seals, etc. That is half the cost right there. Not to mention the porting and the cost of the head! Surprised it's not double that.....

citymunky

Quoting pudge76:
2000 shipped lmao

^ This comment lmao /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Gentlemen,

Can we keep the clutter down in this thread, please?

Anyone that knows what goes into a properly prepared head knows what the costs are.

... any hack can grind a lil here and there and call it "ported", but to get a quality piece, you will spend some serious money.

2k is not an unreasonable cost at all for a well done piece, assembled with quality components.

o.p. Good luck trying to find a dirt cheap head, (TRY SHOUTING, IT MAY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!)

In fact, good luck just trying to find a good core to work with!

Most of them have been cut multiple times and aren;t even suitable for a stock re-build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

I've got a ported and polished head sitting in the garage that I've got no immediate plans for. Got it off of Harold Horton's 9.5X DSM. Its got +2mm valves, dual springs and retainers and ported by Ladd's porting in Elkridge, MD. All components (springs, retainers, and valves) are Supertech. I'd take $1550 plus shipping costs. I do not need to sell so I'm firm on the price. I can provide pics upon request.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned