The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Outlander Caliper Brackets!

Fiascoxl

I just received a email after ordering these from JNZ saying that they aren't available at the moment. They did give me info where the last two remaining in the entire US are though, after talking to them I am definitely going to pass on the set for 230 dollars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I already have the Outlander rotors and just need these to finish the swap.

89Mirageman

Aren't these available after market? Seems I remember seeing them on amazon for cheap.

Edit: They're made by Febest part # 0477C-CWF but it looks like amazon is out of stock too.

Last edited:

prove_it

Buddy of mine might has a set. Otherwise I should be able to get a set to you NIB OEM for 100 or better.

prove_it

Oh and by the way, swap a 3g eclipse master cylinder in to complement the outlander rotors. Makes a hell of a good stopper.

Fiascoxl

Yep I got a 3g master off of Mirageman to go with new stainless hoses. Everywhere I've searched is out of stock, Rockauto only offers the rears and I just sent back a set I got off of ebay that were wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Fiascoxl

Just messaged them. I may just buy whole new remanned calipers with brackets but does anyone no for sure if the VR4 brake hoses will work? This option will cost me another set of pads though, the part numbers differ from the VR4's.

edit: I need banjo style front lines for Outlander Calipers just like 2g's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

prove_it

Pads the same. The difference in part numbers is the pad material.

I can get you oem bnib.

89Patches

I payed like $290 from Mitsu last year for mine. I didn't care what it cost at the time, just wanted my car back on the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

prove_it

Yea, I can do way better. Just got back from dentist so right side of mouth is numb, can't speak well yet, once I do I'll make the call over there.

Wizardawd

Quoting Fiascoxl:
Just messaged them. I may just buy whole new remanned calipers with brackets but does anyone no for sure if the VR4 brake hoses will work? This option will cost me another set of pads though, the part numbers differ from the VR4's.

edit: I need banjo style front lines for Outlander Calipers just like 2g's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Order stainless lines for a 2g front. Same length as 1gs just with the banjo end instead of the threaded.

Wiz

kerry92gvr4

i got the caliper with bracket from my work for only $35 with my discount. Man i love working at a parts store

marvinmadman

I bought mine last month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

marvinmadman

I wouldn't think so. But I haven't put any miles on them yet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned