The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: OEM uncut key!

cupajoe

Let me know if you have one for sale.

Thanks!

turbofonz

You can still get them from the dealer. I have one in the garage, I'll get the part number. Saving it for a new car though.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I still have a few. They do not have logos on them, but have the black rubber head.

RayH

Tip: if you have more than one Mitsu, cut one side for one car and the other side for the other. Should work with any manufacturer's key that's bidirectional; only one side is actually used but you need to mark the key to use the right side for the right car.

cupajoe

Quoting turbofonz:
You can still get them from the dealer. I have one in the garage, I'll get the part number. Saving it for a new car though.

Just went to the deal and asked for it and was told not only can he not get the key, he also can't get the code to cut the key from the VIN.

turbofonz

That's bullshit. I had my work call (a car dealer), and I was able to get the keycode over the phone from them. You may have to go in person with your registration and ID

MB543949 for Mitsubishi logo, MB852168 for blank. Looks like JNZ and STM sell them, along with ebay, etc.

cupajoe

Awesome, I appreciate that feedback! Thought I was out of luck because I did actually go into the dealership to ask first hands.

Also was messaging eBay seller back and fourth trying to verify the VIN. Looks like it was the right key and matches your part # you listed.

/cheers

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned