The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: JNZ short shifter for VR4

MX4

You may know this already but you can get a GTO/3000GT/Stealth shifter and send it to JNZ for them to modify for you. Speak to them because it a specific model shifter from memory.

strokin4dr

Why not send them a 3000gt shifter to have modified?

xe0

I was in the same boat as you and I had to just pony up and buy a used 3gt shifter and send it into JNZ for the work. It was well worth the extra time/money and it came out perfect from jnz.

mcbride89

seems like the time you posted this till now you couldve had a short shifter from jnz awhile ago..

blacksheep

You can find 3KGT shifters on EBay. I got mine from a member here, shipped it to JNZ and they sent me the modded one in about 2 weeks. Its not that hard esp if you have time.

91GVR4#479

Thanks for your help. I signed on to the 3si.org website and posted in the wanted to buy section. Hopefully, someone will respond. I did look on eBay, and cannot find anything that is a stock 3KGT shifter. If anyone sees one, please point me in that direction. And, yes, I probably am as inept as I seem. I'd like to think that I have other talents, but this apparently is not one of them. Thanks guys.

Kibby

I took the short shifter and bushings out of my 92 gsx shell and everything bolted right up to my 91 gvr4.

strokin4dr

The jnz mod is for a shorter throw, not just a shorter height.

Fukenvr4

Quoting Kibby:
I took the short shifter and bushings out of my 92 gsx shell and everything bolted right up to my 91 gvr4.

Nice!.. Ill just do this

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned