The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: intercooler piping

3O3EL0VR4

Okay guys, I don't really know the correct names for these parts but, I'll try to do my best here.
I am in need of a J pipe, I believe it is called? The one coming off the turbo (stock 14b) and then, the upper 90 degree pipe going up and over the exhaust manifold .

These are the only pictures I could come up with to possibly help with identification.

The section that begins at the turbo and curves up (left arrow/J-pipe?) is then, connected to the little 4 inch section of pipe (middle arrow/homemade one that won't stay on). This has a lip on the side connecting to pipe going over the manifold (right arrow) but, not on the other (middle arrow) so, it blows off at only like 5 psi! Very frustrating...
Please let me know if anyone can help me out. I am supposed to moving next Friday into my new apt. and I would like to at least figure out a temporary, hopefully permanent, remedy before the move. Normally, I would just find someones' extra piping and make it work but, I do not know the names of the parts I need to ask for besides the angles.
Again, sorry for my lack of proper terminology that would make things easier.
Thank You,
Elam S.

(EDIT)
Here are a few more pics I found that should help decipher.
I believe this is a stock one.

This is an aftermarket one.

This is what I am trying to accomplish. I need to eliminate the little piece in between the turbo outlet pipe and the upper pipe going across the top of the manifold. The oulet pipe the previous owner used looks like it had to be chopped to fit around the exhaust mainfold and has way too many couplers without any lipped piping.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned