The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: IAC plug

losermakesgood

I need a plug for the IAC on my 91 gvr4. The wire broke off right at the plug. So i need to get the plug/ wire and splice it in. Any info or help on this would be great!

1uGlyGalaNt

Don't replace that plug. Just put a spade connector on there. Any other plug you find will be in just as bad of shape. However, if you're an OEM nut and MUST have that plug, then given enough time I can find one in decent condition for you.

By the way, that's the throttle stop switch, not the IAC motor.

Last edited:

losermakesgood

Ok thank you. I just got into dsm/vr4 and a friend told me it was the iac. Would that cause my car to have a high cold idle and once warm cause it to die at idle sometimes? And if you find one let me know thanks!

1uGlyGalaNt

I don't have one but I'll get one for you on Monday if you want. Just let me know either way.

Also, if your idle isn't good, there are a number of things that could be wrong. Obviously you need to fix that wire to the throttle stop switch, but there could be other issues. The throttle stop switch dould be bad. You can test it with a voltmeter. You can also test or ISC (or IAC) motor, which is the thing in the PM I sent you, with a voltmetmer. If either is bad then those should be replaced.

losermakesgood

as soon as I get a chance i will try the spade connector. But I would prefer the actual connector so when/if you get one let me know and how much. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned