The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: galant gsx 5spd ecu

maroonmetallic

This ^^ is incorrect. In 1992, the Galant was never trimmed in the US as a GS-X. I bet you mean DSM ECU.

Additionally, I might have an N/A ECU laying around, but I don't know of any difference for CA emissions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

maroonmetallic

I had one that we used as a spare in a '91 Eagle 2000GTX.
It seemed a bit different than the original ECU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

As long as the car does not have a knock board on the N/A ECU it should at least run.

It is from a 1992 Eagle GTX AWD, which i believe is the same as a Galant GSX. Please correct me if I am wrong.

moidsm1

I agree with the use of the DSM ecu from expeerience.

I had a 90 Galant GS 5spd NT 4g63 with a bad ecu. I swapped in a DSM ecu with the same motor tranny -year specs and it ran fine. You do need to swap the rear part of the case so you can mount it in your Galant since the dsm ecus are mounted in the center console area.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned