The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: EvoIII/RVR Intake Manifold

dansut

Looking for an Evo III or RVR style intake manifold - surely someone has one in their parts pile they could be persuaded they'd rather have ca$h instead of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3rdstrikedsm

they are in high demand and short supply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

theevozero

What he said. I've been on the market for one also. I settled on a cheap aluminum smim that I had to re-work to fit my needs. As far as stock fitting manifolds go, the 2g manifold works.....

Good luck finding one...seriously. If you find one, I'd like to know where.

Last edited:

dansut

I'm aware they aren't exactly easily found - hence my WTB post here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've been looking in all the usual places for a while now and nothing has come up. I'm also going to see if my contacts in the UK can dig anything up ...

fuel

I have one but the throttle body flange has been chopped off ready to swap ends (for RWD application). Guess that would be no use to you? What's wrong with a 2G turbo IM? Should be more similar to an RVR one I would think.

How much are you wanting to spend including delivery? I can source one (or more) from New Zealand for you.

Last edited:

dansut

Quote:
I have one but the throttle body flange has been chopped off ready to swap ends (for RWD application).

Wouldn't it have been easier just to find a Evo IV+ manifold?
Quote:
Guess that would be no use to you?

Looking to keep relatively stock looking so a messed about one is not really what I'm after - I could go SMIM if I didn't really care for the appearance.
Quote:
What's wrong with a 2G turbo IM? Should be more similar to an RVR one I would think.

Evo I/II/III & RVR are similar from what I've read just different throttle body bore - shorter runners and different plenum than 2G DSM but that's what I'll be using if I can't find what I'd really prefer.

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

there is a guy on link forums selling one powder coated and all.

fuel

Evo4+ manifold simply wont bolt on to an Evo1-3 head - there is a different bolt pattern.

The normal RVR Super Sports Gear (with top mount intercooler) manifold is more similar to an N/A manifold however the RVR Hyper Sports Gear (with front mount intercooler) has the Evo1-3 manifold.

Either way I know of an Evo1-3 inlet manifold for sale in NZ at the moment.

dansut

Quote:
Evo4+ manifold simply wont bolt on to an Evo1-3 head - there is a different bolt pattern.

I wasn't speaking from first hand experience, I just know there are a few RWD 4G63 projects in NewEng and I was under the impression some had used Evo4+ manifolds, presumably for the same reason you chopped yours but I stand corrected.

Quote:
The normal RVR Super Sports Gear (with top mount intercooler) manifold is more similar to an N/A manifold however the RVR Hyper Sports Gear (with front mount intercooler) has the Evo1-3 manifold.

Thanks for clarifying. I've just seen them referred to as EvoIII/RVR intake manifolds - I don't think any of these style manifolds came on US market production vehicles anyway.

Quote:
Either way I know of an Evo1-3 inlet manifold for sale in NZ at the moment.

Might be interesting depending on the price including S&H - in the UK would be more interesting though as I have relatives visiting me in the US over xmas.

I'm not on the Link forum so if anyone there could pass on the details of the one there to me it would be appreciated.

dansut

Looks like I have managed to get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But if anyone has any sources in the UK for this, or any other part that might be interesting to GVR4/DSM owners, then please let me know as, like I said, I have relatives visiting the NE US over xmas from the N of England and anything that is less than suitcase sized could be brought with them.

Cheers
/dan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts