The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: evo 8-9 rockers

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No, the evo rockers are smaller and lighter. I put a set in a head of mine.

prove_it

I want to see proof. Some say they break easier, some say EVO is better, haven't found real documentation yet, thus I want to know for sure.

3rdstrikedsm

They are lighter as Dave stated and not the same as any Dsm or evo 1-3

89Mirageman

Any idea if the Kia/Hyundai ones are the same from the Optima/Sonata? I know the head is very similar and some Evo guys use them.

3rdstrikedsm

I wish it was that easy, I already thought about this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

VR4Scott

$150 shipped

3rdstrikedsm

Yes I talked with Curtis a bit about this but in the end I ended up going with evo units as a good friend of who is a noted 4g63 engine builder said advantage evo plus he has not had a failure of a rocker flying off on any of his race engines on their race cars so after picking a set up for 45.00 I can always change my mind if need be.

Very good info though!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned