The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: bolt

adamvr4

Im looking for the 14mm bolt that is closest to driverside that bolts the carrier bearing and the AC bracket to the block. Im missing mine because i eliminated the ac when i first got the car and dont know what i did with it and i need it for my alternator relocation bracket. Does anybody know the thread and size I'll just go to the part store.THANKS for any help

89coltgt

m10X1.25 threads iirc.

toybreaker

iconoclast
I *believe* that particular bolt leads a hard life, as I've seen a lot of threads about troubles with the hardware in that location.

I've also had to drill a hardware store bolt broken off in the block in that location.

Looking at the factory bolt, it *appears* to be a "shoulder" style bolt.

Best bet would be a new one from the dealer/jnz, but for all intents and purposes, a used one in good codition would be just fine.

In fact, I'd rather have a used factory bolt that a brandy new generic one.

Pot or the Dsmguy will probably have a used one.

Good luck with your search

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It is a shoulder bolt with a tight clearance to the mounting bracket(s) holes they go through. Specialty bolt for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned