The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 100mm 6 bolt crank

jmorri15

Im looking to do the stroker but i dont have $600 to throw into a brand new crank, and since my goal is only 450-500hp wont need a brand new one anyways. ive got about $200.

mountaineerjeff

ohhh, I got one but i really wanted to use it my self...let me think about it.

jmorri15

here let me tell you my situation and maybe you'll feel sorry and sell it to me.
so i dropped my block at the machine shop and the had a typo on the quote they sent the price for the 2.0 rebuild not the 2.3 so i drop it off and the price was $700 more then i expected or had to spend. so if i get a used crank not the new crank i can cut like $400 off the price and afford to get my car on the road.

mountaineerjeff

umm, there isnt any more labor between a 2.0 and 2.3 right? sounds like you are getting ripped

jmorri15

you've gotta machine the block for clearance and im getting the block, decked honed bored arp'd with all new internals except of course if i can get a hold of the crank. ive priced out 4 or 5 shops and their all about the same

belize1334

click

It's a junk-yard directory. Find one for a decent price that came out of a car with a rear-end collision and you're good to go...

jmorri15

off hand do you know which of the 4g64 are 7 bolt. heres the link im going off of
RRE

mountaineerjeff

Quoting jmorri15:
you've gotta machine the block for clearance and im getting the block, decked honed bored arp'd with all new internals except of course if i can get a hold of the crank. ive priced out 4 or 5 shops and their all about the same

im just saying any work for a 2.0 would still be needed on a 2.4? the crank should just drop in. unless Im missing something

jmorri15

I thought it was drop in and then I was doing more reading and depending on the rods you use sometimes you have to grind down some of the casting on the block or it will hit. Oh I figured out the 4g64 are pretty much all 7 bolt, the g4cs and the g64b are the 2.4L 100mm cranks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned