The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheelies!

4thStroke

That's my FP DSM76 (HTA bolt on 3076R) on E85 at 530whp. It was a 70 mile round trip to get E85 and I'd have to make the trip once a week with minimal driving, I was even bringing home an extra 10 gallons, but I live out in the sticks and E85 doesn't cover as much ground as 92. I did this for a while and when I ripped 3rd gear apart at the track I figured it'd be a good time to switch back to 92. It's still at 410whp for daily duty so it's not much of a slouch, but it sure doesn't broil them like it used to.

I had 3000 miles on the built tranny. Couldn't afford to build another one, so I tossed in a stock tranny with new synchros.

4thStroke

The amount of meth required for it to be worth the time and hassle is enough for the motor to blow once a nozzle clogs, the tank runs dry, the pickup isn't positioned right so it doesn't pick up while turning, etc. The list goes on, I don't care to add meth. Luke won't even recommend it any more. He had a customer come back at him wanting a motor because the kid insisted ER installed meth on his tired 7 bolt recently and it blew a couple days later.

turbowop

Lucas may not recommend it due to some dbag customer that doesn't wanna pay to play, but he ran that sh*t successfully for years. How much would you have to run? I've only been using one M10 and haven't had any issues. You can build failsafes into the system for things like empty tanks, loss of pressure at the nozzle, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I don't usually go WOT through corners, so meth pickup while turning hasn't been a concern.

4thStroke

The douche who came back to Lucas for the motor isn't the only reason he doesn't recommend it. Remember how he blew the 16g auto up in New Jersey? That was a fuel delivery problem (I think the relay went) so the motor was running on meth for a short while and let go.

There are too many variables altogether for my liking. By the time I would be done getting the failsafes and tuning set up for a bullet/dummy proof system, it would cost me a good amount of money for what, 60 horse? 410whp is plenty for me for daily duty. If I ever feel the need to blow someones doors off or want to make all out passes at the track, Luke's shop is just 20 minutes from me and it's easy enough to coordinate an E98 fill up (just not a hassle I care to deal with on a regular basis).

With 1051 having a stock motor still, having other rigs in the driveway, and the fact that 1051 is garaged most of the time, I can see why you choose to use it. For me, I have a tough enough time as it is keeping my sh*t on the road and keeping the bank account green.

To each his own.

turbowop

You'll gain well above 60whp on meth. But if you don't wanna use it, it's no skin off my bones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What were your dyno numbers again WOP? My setup is similar to yours. 3052 and meth. But ill be using megasquirt for management.

turbowop

What, that I melted two plugs when I first t00ned my meth setup? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm not scared to dyno, I just haven't done it yet. Living 2.5hrs from the nearest AWD dyno makes it a bit more difficult. That, and I don't particularly give a sh*t. All I know is my car makes a shitload more power on meth than it does on plain 92 octane. The butt-dyno would have to be pretty far off to not see the difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

4thStroke

You never did mention melting plugs while tuning on meth. The plot thickens.

You can make it here faster than 2.5 hours in 1051, I know a shortcut through the mountains /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

Well then I don't know what the hell you're talking about...and anything I say when I'm drukn can be thrown out the window as I'm either f***ing with you or so off my rocker that I'm just not making any sense. Both of which are possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3deek3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

And all this time I took drunk Mark so seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

turbowop

944acc43f373443.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1qkfwd

Meth is for addicts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned