The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheelies!

So when can I expect that 20psi launch to make it's debut on YouTube? I'd love to see you drop in some E and hand this guy his asshole, all grinded up like some hamburger. Your right, that would give me great satisfaction.
BTW, Anothernewbs not really a newb bewb, he just had to start another user, do to a lost password. The guys actually a knowledgable mechanic.

Anyway, keep us posted on this street racing rival, I love this sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

The difference between gvr4's and whores ate the fact that whores will go MAKE you money, these whores just TAKE your money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4thStroke

Unless the whore runs off with your money.

In this case, I'm just not utilizing the whore. It could make me money, but I'd rather not take that road.

1qkfwd

Racing from a dig is a way beter comparison to who's got the Beter car. My old fwd eclipse would school any awd on the street. This is a car that ran 11s on a 16g. Our drivetrains are stronger than you think. My drag car is still on stock rear end, axles, and t-case. Many 1.5 launches at 25 lbs of boost. A real race is from a dig. If you want to see a real wheelie launch the car you'll be surprised.

4thStroke

click

Like so?

With equal drivers, from a dig will show whos car is set up better for straight line. This kid hasn't had his car long and I didn't feel like having to find a ride home, so this was the viable option.

Roll racing has its place, so does going from a dig. I'm usually the guy who laughs at roll racing... oh how the tables turn.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Dbossman:
BTW, Anothernewbs not really a newb bewb, he just had to start another user, do to a lost password. The guys actually a knowledgable mechanic.

Awe, someone loves me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Look at Nates GVR4, all he broke last year was rear axel and a block (from unknown reasons) and he launches that car hard with slicks. Maybe if you knew how to launch you wouldn't break stuff. I always thought Straight line racing was a test of man AND machine. I have never seen John Force do a rolling start in his funny car. Maybe you should look into NASCAR, I hear rolling starts are the norm for them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4thStroke

Touche.

For the record, I never did break the car while launching. I beat the piss out of it while I was daily driving it at 530whp. The way the twin disc transmits power, nothing in the drivetrain is going to hold up if I keep abusing it. I shredded 3rd gear while at the track. Was in 3rd for about a second and it ripped apart, taking out a bunch of sh*t on the $1500 double synchro welded center built tranny. I have probably 50 slips of from when I had the 16g on the car for just 3 months of driving and nothing broke during that period until the turbo seized up.

Launching on slicks is easier on the car than launching with street tires... but I'm sure we don't have to go there again. I don't believe Nate has a twin disc, either.

My only other mode of transportation is the company work truck, so I'm not so cool with more down time and less money in the pocket for the sake of collapsing under peer pressure and more youthful shenanigans.

I've thought about NASCAR, but I enjoy turning left AND right. Otherwise, it would be right up my alley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

1qkfwd

I thought I read your on a qm twin disc? If true it's alot safer on the drivetrain than you think. The qm clutchs like a lil preload right before you launch. Something about the discs liking a lil heat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4thStroke

I do have a QM. I should add the 2g accumulator to take some of the edge off the engagement.

I have yet to launch with the QM, though. I though about it saturday, but figured I'd save it for something more meaningful that pleasuring myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1qkfwd

I got the 2g slave and Accumalator, I love this setup with the qm. It's almost as nice as the 6 puck I had before.

turbowop

Poor Spencer. All he did was race from a roll a couple of times and you guys are this harsh? Sheesh.

And broken parts are well documented when using twin disks. Great driver or not, sh*t happens. I don't blame the guy for starting from a roll.

4thStroke

Accepted by 1051. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

For those who missed this one, skip ahead to 7:50 click

Last edited:

^ So who's galant is that taunting those bewbaru's? He didn't seem to break anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Nice burn out BTW

4thStroke

Quoting Dbossman:
^ So who's galant is that taunting those bewbaru's?

Dunno. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Wasn't me, I would never drive my car like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

^ Nice! That's pretty sick. So what setup were you running in that vid.? How could ever de-tune after driving it like that? That's like taking your front mount and your gt35r off and putting a 14b and stock intercooler back on. sh*t would just seem week.
The last awd 4g63t I saw pull off the 360 smoker was my GSX aka "The green monster" aka "incredible hulk!" got to love alias's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned