The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What was the MSRP for a 91-92 GVR4

That windowsticker isn't mine (or the one to my car). I just happened to have it in my vast archive of car crap. I don't know whose (or which car's) it is.

markrieb

Here is my window sticker for my 1992, #334/1000

I found some other papers stuffed in the owners manual, the car only had 18 miles on it when I signed the papers and I think I put 10 or so of those one during the test drive.

I got the car out the door in California, including sales tax and registration for just over what is listed as the sticker price. At the time I bought the car, the dealer had 4 or 5 '91's still on the lot and another 4 or 5 '92's. I liked the looks of the wheels and the monochrome/lack of chrome on the '92 better than the '91. I still can't believe I paid an extra $500 for a CD player...

The car now has around 130,000 miles.

Mark Rieb

btw, if anyone's interested... to get X year's cost and compare it with Y years cost, you need to use the consumer price index. its not 100%, but close enough for the economists to use...
http://woodrow.mpls.frb.fed.us/research/data/us/calc/

Galant in 1991= approx. 25k
Galant in 2003= $33,733

for that much money, i'd have to get into an STI.

nick in vt

gvr4ever

quote:Originally posted by Brad:
no sh*t... i hate automatic seatbelts. at least ours are in a little better position than the tel ones. if only i had a dollar for every time i've been whacked in the head by the ones on my brothers tsi... unfortunately i'm too lazy/broke to do the conversion.

anyway, to keep this on topic, i found my original window sticker when i was goin through the documentation the previous owner had a few weeks ago. i was so pumped, i love stuff like that. kinda spooked me when i saw theymightbegalants'. mine looked almost identical to that one, except mine was originally sold in kansas city and i'm pretty sure it came into the country on the pacific coast (washington?, i think). colors, options, price numbers, etc. all match up exactly.
Well hey, they save like 3% in your ins
smile.gif
At least they are good for something. I don't mind them so much in the Galant. My last 3 cars have had them. I guess I am just getting used to them being normal.

chucklesas

I finally got my sticker out and looked up the price. I'll have to post a pic of it later when I can get it sent to this computer, but... My car had a 10% dealer markup on it. The final price on the sticker was just under $26000
shocked.gif
So apparently Mitsu dealers have marked up prices in the past too, not just on the EVO.

chucklesas

So 11 years later, I figure I should actually update this post (haha). I found the sticker for 363 again after searching for the title. The markup is insane, at the time of the original posting Mitsubishi was doing the same thing with the EVOs. I thought it was interesting.

Carry on.

G

Staff member
Where is benwah.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned