The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What oil should I use?

ApexHunter

Redline or German Castrol synthetic. The GC is hard to find, most Castrol synthetic you will find is produced in the U.S.

G

Staff member
Eneos or elf !

Brianawd

75w90. sh*t never comes on the bearings. Never have to worry about dry bearing on start up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

GVR-4

Mobile 1 10w-30 in summer, Mobil 1 5w-30 in winter. Not sure I think heavier weights like 20w-50 are a good idea.

Brianawd

Quote:
Not sure I think heavier weights like 20w-50 are a good idea.

That all depends on what power level you are at and if you have a bshaft eliminator kit. On the higher power cars running no bshafts you need to run a heavier weight oil to help support the oil pump gears.

Nartanian

Ok thanks! One more thing. Oil filter. I hear Wix is very good?

Brianawd

Quote:
Wix are good, as are Napa gold filters, which are practically the same. I use the Napa golds on both my cars

Part # is 1381

G

Staff member
Quoting Nartanian:
Ok thanks! One more thing. Oil filter. I hear Wix is very good?

Buy the mitsu filter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned