The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this?

JackstandTSi

I was going threw my galant yesterday and i was wondering what this was? It was mounted right behind the center console in the rear and the wires run under the center console into the shifter area. The wires where black red and Yellow with a black stripe

IMAG0037.jpg

Amongst other things i also found the Cash receipt for when the original owner purchased the car in Pennsylvania of $22,400 in December of '92, The Original owners Manuel and case with dealership and sales consultant card, and a stack of service papers.

G

Staff member
Looks like part of an autopage alarm system. It's the perimeter sensor. Usually mounted centrally in the vehicle. You may have a full auto page brain under the dash somewhere. Do you have the remotes?

JackstandTSi

I didnt get any remotes when i bought the car, i never thought about chexking the car for an alarm, i never saw a alarm horn under the hood. Is this a good alarm, i was more worried about it being screwed into tue floor and putting holes threw the body, i dont want it to rust threw.

alansupra94

I think Autopage is pretty good.

I remember when I took apart the Galant when I got it. Found a 90s car phone for motorola in it.

G

Staff member
It was good back in the day. Probably still good if you can find the pager, remotes and brain for it.

turbowop

I had an Autopage setup in my old Jeep. It was decent by 1990's standards. I'm sure at this point there are better alarms out there that can text you or something instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned