The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is the purpose / use of your vr4?????

Brianawd

439 is used to shade the drive way all week long.

GVR4_1057

I was wanting a frustration generator.

brisvr4

My single car garage would be empty all week if mine wasn't sitting in there doing nothing!
It's pretty much a weekend car now, mostly drags.

I use mine to piss me off in the event my wife isn't doing so at that time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Barnes

The purpose of my VR-4 is to be a project car, up until the point where my daily driver Camry's tranny dies, then the VR-4 magically transforms back into my daily driver. The rest of the time it functions to make my therapist more money.

Quoting Kojack:
I use mine to piss me off in the event my wife isn't doing so at that time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif i almost fell off my chair laughing when i read that!!

solidviper89

Quoting mikewitdaspike:
Quoting Kojack:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif i almost fell off my chair laughing when i read that!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif oh snaps LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TurboTrader

Give's the term "money burning a hole in my pocket" a whole new meaning. Sometimes I feel like mine is a magnet and my money is magnetic. Money flying out of my pocket and I don't know why. And I thought wives were bad. LOL.

IncorpoRatedX

I got mine because I regretted ever getting rid of my last one and I was trying to cut expenses by getting rid of a car payment. Its my spring/summer/fall daily driver. I keep the boost level moderate and the modifications mild. I've built cars past the point of daily fun and I no longer desire that. Aesthetics and reliability are my goal with this car.

Oh and wop, I don't doubt for a second the vr4 pulls tail, my white, blue and silver ones have always been adored by ladies for being "a wolf in sheep's clothing" for some reason the second I knock the head off a mustang from a stop and they hear the turbo and feel the get up and gone of the launch, they're sold.

broxma

I am relinquishing the use of my 11 second 2003 Lancer Evolution to my wife in order to use my 1992 Galant VR4, 379 of 1000 as my daily driver. The Evo will only be faster than the Galant for so long. This action of ours serves many functions. First, my wife is cool as hell so she deserves to drive a cool car. It allows us to get rid of the Turbo S Beetle she has had for many years. A main point of consideration was that it puts only 4G63 powered cars in the driveway, which is the way it should be in my opinion. This single fact is a major point for me, considering my ability to repair and maintain them. My ownership of 4G63 powered cars has gone into the double digits and my experience with them is now well into its second decade. Even so, I am humble about learning new things, such as my alternator issue recently.

Contrary to many internet speculators, I have found the 4G63 powered cars to be the most reliable, highest performing cars made. If I was not into going fast, I'd just buy Honda's and be done with it. But for ease of repair, cost, reliability and overall dollar per HP, the 4G63 cannot be beat. That is the purpose of my VR4.

Side note. I do own a Subaru WRX that I regretfully have not put back together. Once it and the Beetle have gone their way, I am buying another car. An Evo II imported out of Canada.

/brox

solidviper89

Sweet, I cant wait to see evo II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the purpose of my Galant is to always make new noises. When I fix one noise, I find another one.

DD for me........that and eating v8's and honda's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Terrance362

I use mine as a dust catcher. I need more money, but when I finish it will be a track and street monster. Ready for the all the chevy v8 guys and the stupid mustang guy with their silly 5.0's.

GreenGSX

199 is the One Lap car that is a total road racing whore and during the summer, my daily driver.

2of9

Daily driver all year round. used to pick up little sister and brother from school. Transporting relatives and others. Used for heavy luggage. Also can sustain 5 total passengers, including driver. Can also be used as a grocery getter (optional). Baby seat is also optional. I do everything with this car...only thing I haven't done in the car is make babies in it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned