The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what is direct fit bolt on no modification exhaust and intake manifold for 91

kooter

just want to know what if any manifolds both exhaust and intake I can use to replace both stock.
not looking to make any more power and increase boost. just want to know what will fit without any issues or modification.

KiNgMaRtY

If you are trying to find an Intake manifold there are many different manufactures and I doubt you are even close at needing an aftermarket one. The 1g/VR-4 Intake manifold can push out 400hp easy without chocking. You only get one if you are trying to squeeze out more or every little bit of power possible.

As far as for the exhaust manifold, if you have the OEM still they tend to crack over a long time. You can upgrade it to a 2g exhaust manifold but will need to grind down one of the corners near the PS pump. You can spend a bit more and get an EvoIII exhaust manifold or an FP.

Last edited:

kooter

I just want something that bolts on with no need to grind or fab anything.

AnotherNewb

Tunersnation has bolt on exhaust in a few different styles. Not many intakes are straight bolt on unless you can find an amg. Or cyclone intake but even the cyclone requires some tinkering to get it working properly. But like stated before you don't need an intake mani yet. As far as exhaust mani the best options have been stated.

Ian M

Quote:
not looking to make any more power and increase boost

You aren't exactly clear on what you are trying to acheive, is it performance or looks? More noise? If you aren't looking to make any more power,the stock stuff will do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By "intake manifold",do you mean the intake pipe before the turbo,or the actual intake manifold that bolts to the head?

By "exhaust", do you mean the downpipe/cat/pipes/muffler,or the manifold that bolts to the head?

Last edited:

kooter

I simple wish to know what are bolt on replacements for what is stock on the car.
as simple as I can put it
I mean the manifolds that bold to the engine

IncorpoRatedX

SO you just need to REPLACE your current manifolds?

Stock manifolds can be found on other:

1991-1994 Mitubishi Eclipse Turbo (GST & GSX models)
1991-1994 Eagle Talon Turbo models
1991-1994 Plymouth Laser Turbo models

exhaust manifold can be bought from rockauto.com direct fit, no grinding etc, intake manifold may be on their site as well, but replacing the intake manifold is not a common thing so maybe not.

Why are you replacing these manifolds?

kooter

I am not yet just trying to get an idea of were to look and what to look for

Ian M

Quote:

as simple as I can put it

That's the problem,you need to put it a little less simple. You may be able to deciper what you meant,but judging by the replies you initially got,obviously no one realized that you were looking for stock replacement parts either!

Like mentioned before the 2gen ('95-up)style manifolds are the next closest replacement to the '90-'94 1g style/original part. It has a 6cm collector opening to match the stock 14b exhaust housing (The EVO III is otherwise similar but with 7cm matching a 16g). You still can get the them from Mitustishi through JNZ if having factory parts matters. IIRC,the heat shield is different between them and the '90-94 versions.

The cast those manifolds are made of seems to grind easily. If you were to source one used or new cheap,or just want to upgrade (they don't crack as easily),I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker.

The only replacement intake manifold without not requiring any modification to work as it's intended is the stock manifold,turbo or non turbo. I'm not aware of anything that would go wrong with it to need replacement,and even if you decide to mod the car later guys have gone 10's with them at least so it should be good for a while.

Last edited:

kooter

thank you and everyone else for there input.
I really appreciate the input and I am sorry for not making myself more clear in the original post.
I just wanted to know what to look at in case I had issues with the current stock parts that are on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned