The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What BOV are you using?

I am thinking about going with a different BOV what are you guys using?

I have a used Apexi that came with my car but wasn't installed.

anyone else using one?
What do you think?

I have had them all and after going to the 50 trim I can say for good response and holding capability, these work great recirculated:

A-04s_1gDSM-BOV_small.jpg

Polish

I'm with Jay, those work great. Especially with the Dejon leak stop kit.

CP

I never had a problem with my stock crushed bypass valve running 23psi daily for years.

I am going to be running a 16G, 550/560cc injectors, a keydiver chip, bigger fuel pump and an ETS fmic

think the 1G will be enough

Lonewolf64

Quoting Polish:
I'm with Jay, those work great. Especially with the Dejon leak stop kit.

Do yourself a favor and add the Dejon leak stop kit to your 1g BOV and you'll be golden for just about any setup.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting ihatefall:
I am going to be running a 16G, 550/560cc injectors, a keydiver chip, bigger fuel pump and an ETS fmic

My setup is very similar and have a 1gen bov with the dejon stop leak kit. Works wonders.

Quoting ihatefall:

There are people making 250 more whp than you that are running this valve. There are people in the 10's on it.

You have a 16g and a fmic. Congrats, you have the same setup a stock gvr4 has in japan. Guess what it comes with.

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

1g_oem_bov.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarRacer

Do you guys run the solenoid with the bov modification?

JSchleim18

I am going to be running the TiAL Alpha Q in a couple of weeks when my new setup is done. I can't wait!

fivestardsm

I'm running the greddy type rs valve, but really only because I had it given to me. The cap was stripped where the adjustment screw threaded in. I just re-tapped it to a bigger thread and it works fine.

This was during mock up, you cant even hardly see it now with everything together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

Ralli380Gvr4

+1 on the 1g, I'm also using dejon tool stop leak kit.

spooling92vr4

with the mods you have you can just use the stock bov and crush it.. and will be fine for a long time. If you want a little bit of noise you can use on of the greddy's that recirc back into the system.

Nabeel

This is mine... try
Greddy Type S.

Nabeel, the reason why it is fluttering so much with the lower vacuum hooked up is because it should be hooked up to boost pressure only not vacuum. If vacuum is on both sides of the diagpram it will not open like it should.

Nabeel

tredmkv

Thanks for the comments. I just like the monkey voice coming from the bov while it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif being connected like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned