The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Weight savings

EHmotorsports

sounds about right. power antenna and mounting are pretty hefty.

bluzvr4

Thanks! That is a awesome write up!

NateCrisman

Quoting coyotes:
Some of those weights are dubious at best. 6.5lbs for balance shafts? 9lbs power antenna?

all those weights were measured by myself on my shipping scale, so I consider them dubious at worst / accurate to .2 at best I tend to believe the "at best" accuracy since I was measuring it myself and Im not your average idiot toooner.

The weights I was not sure of or were an estimate/hearsay were labeled as such, like the front bumper support that was cut by the previous owner or the AC system that was already partially removed before I got my hands on the shell (which I got those estimate weights by putting 1g dsm parts on the scale..so really..they should be accurate anyway, DSM/GVR4 is pretty much the same sh*t just in a different box) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Not to mention I parted out about 10 GVR4 and over 25 DSM's when I was in that business full time....Im very knowledgable on individual part weights/construction/size as I have handled, packaged, and shipped out TONS of them. Literally tons...Iv sold, handled, packaged & shipped out thousands upon thousands of pounds of DSM/GVR4 parts.

Last edited:

coyotes

Thanks for the info, I guess that stuff is just heavier on paper than it feels in my hand.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned