The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 lip pt 2 with pics ** Shipping will start on 3/10**

Tre3zy

damn you got yours already? that was quick LOL but then again mines across the country

dustyduff

Yeah, I got the paypal message notifying me about the shipment and it was there before I knew it. My car is at my buddy's house, but my JDM bumper is sitting in my garage. If I find time before the weekend, I'll be sure to share the photos of the unpainted lip on the bumper. There's a picture floating around in the original thread, but I couldn't seem to get a good glance at it.

Ralli380Gvr4

Sent payment, Thank you tax return /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Hopefully I can get it installed when I go back to Albuquerque in May. I really can't wait to see some hi-rez pictures of a painted lip on a USDM bumper. Thanks for doing this John!

BoostedAWD91

i would really like to see what one looks like on a white stock bumpers. wanna see how it looks before i purchase

Tre3zy

got mine today.... IMO it still need a lil sanding and then im going to paint it black.... looks good overall considering that this is the only lip you can buy for our cars....

Tre3zy

just finished intalling my lip.... kinda messed up on the middle part a lil bit but all and all i think it looks good.... try to get good quality photo soon but for now heres a teaser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boostx

Looks real good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif TrEzy That ish looks good, Ballin'. I'm planning on doing a similar satin/matte finish. It looks OEM.
This really ups the look of the USDM bumper.
MOAR pics!

Tre3zy

thnx guys.... took a while to install it since its my first time ever installing a lip and it was custom i also notice that the material was stiff when i was mocking it up and it got softer when i left it sad on sunlight to let the paint dry.... i guess what im trying to say is that it might be easier to massage the lip to line it up right.... for the next one to do it if you slightly heat the lip up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif did i make sense?

Brunoboy

You mean let it soften up before installing?

VR4Scott

This lip in person looks amazing with awesome craftmanship. John you did an excellent job on this whole thing man. Thanks for designing another great GVR4 product.

I love the idea of the multiple pieces to save on shipping costs. These look really good John.

Ralli380Gvr4

Whats the word on these?

turbowop

My lip showed up today. I was expecting to have to shorten the sides since this was made to fit USDM bumpers, but after putting it up against my JDM bumper I see that's not so. Sweet. I'm gonna show this to my body guy to see if he has any ideas on how to smooth out the middle section. I'll probably mount it and have him smooth/fill it, then decide whether to have him paint it green or me just paint it black.

Im lazy and dont want to sift through 8 pages of text to find how much these are. So how much are these lips shipped to 55025? I think its great that theres more aftermarket body parts for these car now. It realy gives use more options.

409/2000 anti honda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

number3

Quoting crankwalk:
I love the idea of the multiple pieces to save on shipping costs. These look really good John.

The only problem I see with two pieces is expansion and contraction as the pieces heat and cool. Use flexiable caulk to fill the void and it shoudl stay closed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned