The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 lip pt 2 with pics ** Shipping will start on 3/10**

boostx

Drum roll please...

oh and its made form a silicone mold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

prove_it

I see what you did there

4Grim

borat_success.gif

Let me know what my final price would be John...looking to buy next month.

curtis

My hero. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

boostx

Just can't win with some of you f***ing asshole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

boostx

Quoting ducttapeguy:
So when is payment going to be due??

I will be starting in the few days.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting boosted_85:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blah.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blah.gif

Lighten up, junior member...

Boostx has made some really cool stuff for these cars.

What have you made for us?

[edit] Just looked thru your posting history, and all you do is cast derision on people who are trying things in your field of expertise.

I find that amusing... who are you trying to impress?

This board is about sharing information. It sounds like you have a firm grasp on the subject material. Why don't you use your background to present your opinion in a positive manner?

Probably gain much more respect that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

curtis

Quoting boosted_85:
no wonder its so cheap, its another wetlaid casting. Now lets see the trimed part back in the silicone mold.

Ok putting a cease and desist order up now. I talk to John on the phone and have helped with other projects he's done for the guys here. I'm not doing this post because were friends but because I would do it for any member here, even you and I don't even know you. Ask any of the old timers here I don't get all political or get steamed very easy but John is giving his time and efforts to a project to better the community if there not perfect they want go out. He's anal as I am and I'll also be inspecting the parts for fitment install etc. because he asked me to.

Now. The guy that is doing these for him/us is in the very top of his field and is the HMFIC and one of the biggest corporations in Orlando. He doesn't want it out where he works so the info isn't getting out. But he's not some guy building speaker boxes at a local car stereo installation shop if thats what your thinking. I wish I had his job or worked with him. As for me I've messed with stuff like this before and understand the basics but never have build anything from scratch besides doing some airplane stuff and helped in repairing a lopressti cf cowl that my dumb ass boss cut a hole in for a starter. 15K for a speed cowl that required a different starter but he's to dumb or cheap to read the instructions. Since I don't have the experience in it I'm not going to try and talk a bunch of sh*t or be an internet expert and copy and paste a bunch of crap from some website. As for the way him or John are doing it who really freaking cares, the replica is built to be a direct copy of a unicorn part and actually is better now because its two pieces and can fit not only the JDM bumper but the USDM one as well.
Now since you work in the industry you know how much it cost for materials and materials for a mold etc. Maybe we should all chip in a few thousand a piece and we'll buy John and his buddy an autoclave. As for the pictures above It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that is only the silicone part of the mold/lay-up. How do you know what else there using or do you have superman's xray vision and can see 360 degrees around the room of a picture. Maybe that's not superman. sh*t you get the point. When you've been a member around here as long as John... question and talk sh*t but do it with some tact. John has given up many hours of his life working on projects for people here as well as money that he's never re-cooped. sh*t he was the lead on the subframe bushings and sold his car before he ever got a set to install. Ain't that a bitch.

Quoting boosted_85:
no wonder its so cheap, its another wetlaid casting. Now lets see the trimed part back in the silicone mold.

Dude,
I'm not sure if you appreciate the fact that no one is really making specific items for these old sleds.

Street Surgeon

0: turbowop
1: JSchleim18
2: dustyduff
3: 381gvr4
4: charmcity
5: Tre3zy
6: Sw4n3e
7: 4Grim
8: porcaro
9: Garfield Wright
10:prove_it
11:Ralli380Gvr4
12:Circuit
13:bustedsm
14. Jesse_W
15:Jordangvr4
16:thekid
17: Hittman
18: ducttapeguy
19. boosted_85
20. Scientist
21. Gvr4-330
22. Mariovr4
23. turbofoxlx
24. Never1der
25. Creeping_death
26. Street Surgeon (Cory)

I thought that I added myself to the list earlier? Ah well.

boostx

Just got a call and the first lip is completed but I have not seen it yet but I was told it look a better that the original one. He also stated he should be able to turn out 1 to 4 set a week, any faster will increase the cost. When I get home I will be take some good pics and post them up later..

curtis

These guys hit my cans

These guys have problems coming from Nashville

Warned that this JDM bling is so hot it can make it in a Brown truck

I would have put pictures of the UPS girl but Steve gets mad at me so I found a new one.

NWS Below

img.php

I'll tell you what Brown can do for me. Deliver this stuff day after tomorrow.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ducttapeguy

Sweet Jeebus! Go UPS! They can deliver to me anytime.

Those lips look pretty good too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice job John. I can't figure out what this has to do with ups but I'm not complaining /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I love UPS. There always carrying packages I want. Imagine that delivering your new turbo set up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif .......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

boostx

I will start shipping out the lips that has been completed on Monday. I have contacted several members from the list and I have only received 2 payments. Members have backed out, want to be move down on the list or will be getting it later.
So if your plans has change please update the list

I should be able to get about 5 to 8 set of lips per month so I will be taking payment from 5 members @ at time. (I don’t want to be holding your $$ for months while they are being made.)
Send me a pm if you are ready. Only the first 15 is granted the group by price

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts