The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR-4's that inspire you

4Grim

Turbowops #1051 and Number3 were my biggest inspirations of mine. They both represent well built, balanced and attention to detail quality builds.

LIV4PSI

I would like to know the history of #3. From what I have gathered, Harry from Three-Speed owned it. There was drama when he sold it, and the new owner is now banned?

Gizmovr4

Its hard to remember which car started my GVR4 obsession! In late 1991 I bought 1610/2000 and owned it for 11 years - I bought 431 mainly because I kept thinking of 1610 and how much fun it was to modify and drive !! So for me 1610 was my inspiration to building 431 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Link to for sale ad a few years ago by current owner - car still looked good ! click

1610/2000

Last edited:

BpuVR4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I would like to know the history of #3. From what I have gathered, Harry from Three-Speed owned it. There was drama when he sold it, and the new owner is now banned?

i would like to know as well. I heard about #3 because my cousin was telling me about this VR4 his friend in arizona bought for what seemed like a high price. Didn't put two and two together until later on because I didn't remember the name til last year, even though Ive read about the actual car the whole time i started on this board.

cheekychimp

Quoting 4Grim:
Turbowops #1051 and Number3 were my biggest inspirations of mine. They both represent well built, balanced and attention to detail quality builds.

Oh and like yours isn't? Man I remember looking at this picture everyday thinking about what my black car might look like one day. In fact I still do!

boostedinaz

Quoting BpuVR4:
Quoting LIV4PSI:

i would like to know as well. I heard about #3 because my cousin was telling me about this VR4 his friend in arizona bought for what seemed like a high price. Didn't put two and two together until later on because I didn't remember the name til last year, even though Ive read about the actual car the whole time i started on this board.

Mike sold me 1101 and shortly after had a craving for another GVR4. He ended up buying #3 for a decent amount of money as a "turn key" car. After a few weeks of having it we found out there was more wrench turning than key turning to be done.

Over the last few years it has been running with spurts of JSB for upgrades or fixes. Currently it is down to have the pedal box fixed but will be up and running soon.

In 2012 Mike and I took #3 to the Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach and had a great road trip and a great time.

As for Mike yes he is pretty much banned for good from the ORG. The why can be found by searching if anyone really wants to know.

pot

Staff member
I'd really like to see amends made and Mike welcomed back or an agreement to disagree made on all parties concerned. #3 was always my inspiration since '03 when I first joined the board. I even contemplated purchasing it back when it was for sale. That was how incredible that car was. It's a shame that new members have had very little opportunity to see her.

Boostedinaz, if you could persuade Mike to reconcile whatever differences he has w/ Harry (and vice versa) and the moderators it would go along way toward reinvigorating the gvr4 enthusiasm and inspire those on the fence w/ their galant to complete their project and realize their dream.

boostedinaz

I would love to see that as well but I can say with great certainty it will never happen.

I do what I can to post updates on #3 for this very reason. Everyone should have something that inspires them and if #3 is that to some people I hate to deprive them of that. As an example I posted up some pics from JCCS when we went and when possible I post pics of 3 and 1101 together.

I know Mike is making a website to chronicle his journey with #3 and hopefully people will be inspired by that. It will truly be a nice GVR4 (not some homie hook up respray junk) when it is done. I'll see if in the next few days I can get some pics I have and post them up.

LIV4PSI

The only reason I knew #3 existed, was from the JCCS pictures. I'm glad that at least there is a member to keep is in the loop.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

this was another one of my favorites

img.php

pot

Staff member
Understand Michael. I know you do what you can. I look forward to any a future pictures of number 3's build. As far as I can tell its a done car save for maybe a wire tuck and a modern turbo from what pictures I saw last.

blackvr4

For me, there is only 1 Vr-4 that inspires me, and that's my own.

How I found her
galantdirty6.jpg

galantenginebay.jpg

How she sits today
35EC2EBF-1043-40AF-AFBE-894567CC10C3-7588-0000036CFF6B8C50_zpsaf1e6169.jpg

EA5F4494-43D1-43B1-90DF-ADAA11700B03-7588-0000036CD4AA9792_zpsee5f0c0f.jpg

prove_it

I remember those pics and when you got it. Looked so bad. Looks good now.

blackvr4

I cant believe I've almost had it for 5 years already! Time freakin' flies.

Gizmovr4

Wow!! What a difference - nice job!

4Grim

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting 4Grim:

Oh and like yours isn't? Man I remember looking at this picture everyday thinking about what my black car might look like one day. In fact I still do!

Thanks Paul..the car has come a long way, I am still not where I want the car to be at. I would be truly happy when I get body work and the car repainted. I have a drivers side door I need to replace because its "bent" after some asshole tried to break into the car by prying the door open. After getting the BBS wheels, I am even more happy how the car looks at its current condition, but still not where I want it to be.

Last edited:

dc_style

I love those BBS' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Get some meatier tires and maybe coat 'em and your car will be perfect sir!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned