The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vibration I can't seem to diagnose

thomcasey

I suggest swapping out the Torque Solutions solid mounts for some factory mounts and check. Though they are good mounts, they allow driveline vibrations to be transferred directly to the body. I just swapped out my TS solid mounts and put in stockers. No more vibration

turboneon

It is dss and I don't think there was any balancing that we did. It seems like it really only does it bad around 4k rpm. Full throttle isn't near as bad as slow driving.

turboneon

Just called the dss and the said try to rotate the aluminum shaft 180 degrees. That everything is balanced and shouldn't have to be balance when assembled to existing shaft.

curtis

bolts holding diff to subframe
pinion angle
pinion nut tight
diff bearings
did someone or you fill the carrier bearings with rtv or window weld urethane.....this can cause bad vibrations
t case mount bolts
is the front axles clicked in all the way

thomcasey

I was hearing the same thing^^^^^^^^^

transparentdsm

if the exhaust isn't completely attached that could cause vibration and if its smacking the driveshaft that would def cause vibrations.

turboneon

I looked under the car and it had clearance all around. The only hanger not on is the one that bolts in on the driver side of the car. The hanger would not reach. I'm guessing bc of the cheap eBay downpipe I got. I just went and shook the exhaust as much as I could and it never hit anything. I can hear the clunk just by spinning the ds by hand and make it stop abruptly.

marvinmadman

Is there by any chance a balance weight that is tapping the exhaust at the perfect time when the shaft is flexing?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned