The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Value of 1993 Eagle Talon

I wanted to get a little input on buying a non running complete Eagle Talon 1993 AWD TSI.
Appears to be pretty clean with the engine overhauled just the head gasket failed.
Any and all thoughts would be welcome.
Thanks Matt

Muskrat

All I can say is be very careful with "this is all that's wrong with it" car's. It could be true, I could not be. And you have no way of knowing.

Sight un-seen and with limited info you gave, I'd say $1000. But I'm a pessimist.

Last edited:

mikus

unless I know the TRUE story, I assume HG failure = new head and/or engine. Too many boneheads try to limp around on overheating motors.

EDIT: just for the record:

Last edited:

To big for the dumpster............hilarious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
I agree, $500 or $600 sounds right to me

Gimpin

+1 500-600 ... buying a DSM with "blown HG" so many times turns into Blown HG, Busted Ring lands, Rod knock, bad tranny, ect... the list goes on and on IF you can start the car and confrim that there are no rod knocks (even when fully warmed up) and drive it around the block to make sure the tranny is good, and do a leak down test to confirm it is leaking at the HG and not out the rings. Then MAYBE if is is really clean I could justify $1000

Gimpin

nope ... being in Colorado where the market is flooded with hacked DSMs ... none of these cars will sell for JACK ... not even the gvr4s

just sold this car for 1900 and that was getting ALL then money for it

1992 Eagle talon tsi awd.
2.5 to 3 inch apex downpipe (Eliminates Cat)
3 inch Apex n1 Catback
3 inch thick FMIC, with hard piping ( Piping not pictured in pics)
14b
turbojoe p Manual boost controller
Eibach Prokit with Kyb struts
5k miles rebuilt bottom end
with ACL bearings.
new timing belt and waterpump
bs eliminated
mitsu mls head gasket
arp studs
6bolt
4bolt rear end
Innovate Wideband
autometer boost gauge
2pod Apillar holder
Chrome 2g GST wheels
Good tires, Kuhmo Solus KR21 -
5k milesKeydiver chip
550cc injectors
2g maf
6puck solid hub clutch.

streetmasters

just buy mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif its really really really clean and just needs a motortrannyecu that you could get from any jdm warehouse for like 1600 and comes with a 16g and cyclone intake manifold- prob like 240hp- not bad- hit me up and we can work on the price

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned