The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ugh..I don't know what I want anymore.

Lancer99

I just want a nice turbo that I can bolt up the factory heat shields so it looks stock but also aiming for no more than 400h.p. so like 375 to 400h.p. I will have supporting mods, not just throwing it in there. Like I said in my last thread about the small 16g and evo 3 the car is going to be a cruiser/a little road racing/show. I'm keeping the car as stock as possible. I am looking towards the Evo 3 but I heard some people having the evo 3 and stuffing the 18g wheels in there. Anyone know about that?

James

You should be able to meet your needs with a evo3 16g. And like you said its pretty easy to do the 18 or 20g swaps.

Is there a thread on doing this with the 18g or 20g swap?? Or is the 16g enough??

cheekychimp

I would be inclined to run the 16G wheel rather than waste it. When that gives you trouble or wears out then go with the 18G or whatever. If you have money you could get the housing/O2 ceramic coated. That will enhance the performance of the 16G a bit and may help the housings cope with the heat a bit better so that when it comes time to go with a bigger wheel you hopefully don't have cracks in it.

Xcelerate

Why not use the bastard 20g? It's a 16g housings with a 20g wheels in it;). For a big 16g you can meet your goal with the right supporting mods and good tune.

cheekychimp

Quoting Jason G.:
The compressor cover will have to be machined to fit those wheels.

Which is why I suggested using the 16G wheel initially because he can't really go back once the machining has been done, although I suppose technically that would be a bit like having a clip!

presterone

I am really happy with my clipped and ported big 16G, the car feels damn good and im sure I won't be winning any dyno competitions. If you want to road race the last thing you should be thinking about is the power.There are so many other improvements to focus on, mainly driving skill. Even With 200hp and a well sorted suspension and brakes and tires these cars would be fun as hell on the track, I can't wait for next season of track days.

Jason G.

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting Jason G.:
The compressor cover will have to be machined to fit those wheels.

Which is why I suggested using the 16G wheel initially because he can't really go back once the machining has been done, although I suppose technically that would be a bit like having a clip!

Agreed.

Lancer99

on the road racing note, yes I have built that first over the engine and other things. Then its settle im just going to stick with evo 3. Thanks guys!

a2vr4

I have an mhi 18g for sale... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif pm if interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

IncorpoRatedX

^ I've seen that 18g, it's in great condition and fits perfect within what you're wanting to do!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned