The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trunk battery\Electrical Tech

Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can help me out with decifering a misunderstanding of mine from the diagram. I plan on replacing the fusible link box that normally would sit on the positive terminal with an aftermarket fuse box but would like to know what fuses they go to in the fuse/relay box. The search button has been exhausted for this seemingly newb matter...

Thanks
Garrett

Nebraska

I've read its recommended. I guess I wouldn't have to but it's kind of roughed up.

Fish

When I did mine I mounted the box to one of these click
Is this what everyone recommends? I've got no idea. But they are very sturdy and look pretty clean under the hood.

Fish

I'm not sure if I'm keeping it in that exact spot but you get the idea. Plus if for some reason you decide to put the battery back under the hood it's pretty easy to reverse.

Nebraska

Thanks man. Yeah that's true I may just do that. I really want to clean everything up. I guess when the battery is in the trunk I can open up the loom and figure it out.

transparentdsm

Go to a junk yard and get a a BMW or Mercedes power distribution block. It's cheap and I feel safe knowing where it came from and the car it came out of.

EMX5636

I used a universal distribution block similar to what you have pictured. Been in the car for ages now with no issues. I'll see if I can dig up a pic. I even found a black plastic cover (I think 1G DSM A/C fuse box lid) that I put over it and it looks almost factory.

transparentdsm

this is the one i have. i like it because the mounting point to the body on it is also a ground. so i have 4 power outputs and 2 grounds.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Or do what I did 8 years ago and move the fuses in that box that you still need into the unused spots in the big fuse box? I eliminated ABS and power belts so I only needed to move the Alt fuse.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned