The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans fun/nightmare!!

So quick and easy, my trans started acting up the other day. It was stuck in first and i was unable to pull it out after i had pushed it hard in first and heard a snapping sound as i slammed it in second. Naturally i assumed it was the trans, after taking it apart and putting it back together i learned it wasn't that lol. Now on to the question. I'm 90% sure its the shift cables, and i overextended one of them, what compatible cables can i use, ei: 1g/2g what years? It's for my 91 gvr4, any help would be appreciated.

DynastyLCD

1g 91-94 cables will work just fine. make sure your adjustment is done correctly, thats the most important part

Is there a write up somewhere on proper adjustment? That may have been my problem in the first place...

Gmoney1983

Vfaq has a write up for the adjustment. It's a pretty easy procedure. Taking the center console out is the hardest part of it.

DynastyLCD

Quoting 1295inthe303:
Is there a write up somewhere on proper adjustment? That may have been my problem in the first place...

super easy. after you install the shifter cables and attach them to the transmission, install only the cable that does your back and forth throw. for the side to side cable, crack both jam nuts on the cable end, and adjust the cable until it can slide over the other pin. this way, when done properly, going into 3rd or 4th is simply forward or backward, you shouldn't have to wiggle the shifter side to side at all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned