The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Torque steer.

gvr4ever

I don't know what powah level I am at, but I have enough to get torque steer. Car still has hella traction on snow and ice, so AWD system is still working.

Anything to do about it? Granted, it's not as bad as a FWD car, but the car seems to have a little pull.

fivestardsm

This is just a shot..
I had an issue with one of my dsm awd's a while back and there were two problems that I encountered.

First I found that the pass side caliper was dragging a bit, and it also would pull when I applied the brakes with a medium force. Does yours do this as well?

The second thing after that was the tire pressure was low. Both of these compounded at the same time so it was pretty bad. I noticed the torque steer more on the slick / snowy roads.

On another occasion, I had a bad tie-rod end, which inturn throws off the alignment and made "torque steer symptons". Which your alignment itself could also create a problem aswell.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

weak forarm strength
cure: dumbells
lol. jk.
follow 5*dsm's checklist then update us

gvr4ever

All brakes rebuilt and still somewhat low miles. Front tie arms replaced, but that was a lot of slack.

I'll double check tire pressure. Now that I think about it, if tire pressure make a huge difference, it might just be sloppy side wheel strength of winter tires. I won't be able to compare till spring, but I just noticed the car seemed to want to go a little bit to the right side. Only, under full power. The alignments not off or anything.

fivestardsm

Tires will make a difference. Also, as for the calipers, I have seen parts that were brand new fail in a very short period of time. I had a water pump fail after a month... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Brianawd

Whats Torque steer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

You're not making enough power. Torque steer goes away when the tires break loose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

H05TYL

Could be the hanger that holds the left hand driveshaft to the back of the block has come loose.

Either that or it's a tire pressure/alignment problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned