The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

timing

prove_it

search and you will find.

MRmeeTooxD

I'm actually talking about with timing gun. Time it with timing gun. Not just belt alone i had been searching an I keep finding just timing belt job.

GSTwithPSI

Ground the timing connector:
img.php

Set the timing to 5 degrees BTDC or to taste:
click

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

Remember to disconnect the logger cable or it will go into B.I.S.S. mode instead.

gvr4ever

He was saying you can't set the timing with a data cable plugged in to the ODB1 port. If you don't have this at all, then set the timing with the pin ground, after you've warmed up the engine to full operating temperature.

prove_it

And be sure your idle is correct at 750rpm stock, and it's smooth.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned