The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Timing Belt Change Help = Good Times at D's House

Galactica

No worries you guys. I appreciate the responses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EgonOlsen

Wow, next time you can all come and help me. its not that far...honest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

maroonmetallic

Quoting Terry Posten:
I am in the middle of Chicago and Des Moines. They are both 3 hours drives for me and I have been to both countless times helping others.

Hell, Shawn drives 6+ to help in Des Moines from Appleton.

Man, it's only 7 hours if I go straight out there. Pitstop in Chicago adds a bit more time man.

PNW have no love like us out in the midwest, man. (no homo) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

No, we all just hate working on these piles after so many years. We'd all rather just meet up to get steak and beers at Acrop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Galactica

Even in Yakima the Acrop is known...got kicked out of there once. It was cool.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Barnes

I will help do LOTS of things on a car in exchange for A-Crop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Galactica

I bet. I hope I can still get you regardless though.

Galactica

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barnes

Don't worry Paul. I got this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif But perhaps I could swing by on my way over this weekend and pickup those t-belt tools to borrow? Which ones do you have?

4thStroke

Quoting thedsmguy:
Maybe I can show since I wont be doing much with my own car this Saturday, no promises..

Was that a stab at me?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Barnes

Quoting thedsmguy:
Maybe I can show since I wont be doing much with my own car this Saturday, no promises..

Duh, reading comprehension fail. I thought you *did* have things you needed to do to the car. So disregard my 'I got this' comment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Galactica

Got everything torn apart and just finished pulling the lower timing cover. Found a bunch of timing belt gunk and low and behold, there was the longer bolt on the oil pan about a half millimeter from the timing belt in the exact spot of the groove.... Whoever put the motor back together was a tard.....

Galactica

Not back on the road yet. Just finished putting the timing cover back on and the crank pulley. Installing the accessories back now. Hopefully another hour and she'll be ready to fire.

Galactica

Fired up! She's running again! God it will be nice to drive her after sitting parked for a month... Much thanks to Jon for all his help. I could not have done it this first time without him. He's a really great dude and definitely knows his stuff! Hope you enjoyed the ribs and Inversion IPA!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned