The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tie Rods

prove_it

I was wondering if anyone knows but I remember reading a thread where someone mentioned using Montero(or some Mitsu SUV) tie rods and it working out good. Something about them being beefier and stronger. Just wondering if anyone knows about this and if it's worth it. I tried to search but can't seem to find the the thread.

Street Surgeon

Are the stock tie-rod ends weak or something? I've never seen one break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The GVR-4 tie rod ends have female threads. Montero and SUV tie rod ends are male threads. Stock ones should be more than strong enough, even the twin turbo 3000GT uses the same tie rod ends as the Galants and DSM's.

cheekychimp

Try searching again under my name, I definitely mentioned this and the parts are on my car now. It may be in my build thread. If you are nice I'll also take a look on my laptop at work. I believe I have the part no.s listed there.

Edit: Found this old thread which has a picture of the Montero tie rod end about half way down.

Bushing Thread

It only has one part no. but you should be able to get the other side through CAPS. Can't help you on year though!

img.php

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned