The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thule Rack Part No.s

cheekychimp

Anyone remember what the Thule Speciality Feet and Bar no.s are for the Galant/VR4?

Barnes

So you can actually buy the rack parts new? I thought all rack stuff for our car was not available.

Myles

Quote:
I used a range rover faring and a 4dr e36 BMW rail kit.

Any chance you have the fit kit numbers? Last time I was on the thule website it seems to always want to sell me the universal mounts for the door jams. Thanks

No I have the paperwork in my file but any ski shop should be able to look at the parts and cross reference them.

cheekychimp

Quote:
Go to http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/fg_vehicle.asp

Put in Pick Mitsubishi, 1991 or 1992, and Galant - you should come up with:

4304 Specialty Foot Pack | LB50 Load Bars

If the picture that pops up is correct, it looks the same as what I have.

Thank you, this was what I was looking for. I had it written down and misplaced it. I saw a Thule dealer in the UK but couldn't find the application in the catalogue.

Thanks again. I appreciate you posting as I am now in a position to check the difference of the UK and US prices!

Last edited:

AWDnoobie

Bump for rack info, seems to be a few new owners who like the Thule roof rack like me.

Link doesn't work anymore. I went to the website and searched myself and couldn't find any Thule snow-sport rack for the Galants.

Drew84

Quoting Dialcaliper:

This is an old post but when I did my research the 4304 feet are discontinued. So you'll have to search ebay or Craiglist. The load bars are universal and still made by Thule.

Still can't find anything. Searched craigslist and ebay and nothing for the Galant. I'm guessing most of the parts are universal?

Drew84

Just search the Thule part #, its the same one used on a Range Rover. Places still have them in stock although Thule stopped making them. Amazon

fuel

just to confirm, those feet attach to the locations under the covers of the room trip strips? Am after some roof racks but more looking for the OE style look rather than an aftermarket look with the crossbars sticking out each side of the feet, for example:

CRV-Roof-Rack.jpg

or even (but not with the brackets which go into the door jams):

Cargo_RoofRacks.jpg

Drew84

NO, The Thule feet IRC are identical to the OEM style here in the US except that they do not say Mitsubishi on the feet..

alansupra94

Just to confirm Cheeky, do you even NEED one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

tsijohn333

Quoting Dialcaliper:

ok i just want someone confirm this before i order . Does the Thule 4304 specialty foot pack bolt straight up to our cars because i see its for a range rover? I want an oem look. nothing that "clamps" to the sides.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned