The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Throttle Body Info

nemovr4

Can anyone point me to some literature or a website to help me understand more about my throttle body. (Or any) Just on a quest to learn more.

I know it is a pretty general topic but any suggestions would be great! Just tired of reading everyones opinions on the DSM fourms (as helpful as it it) I want the facts.

Thanks.

4g63mightymax

I don't have any literature, but I know a a fair bit about them. Are you trying to outsmart/block the FIAV? In my opinion, the best way to learn is to take one of them apart and see what's inside. The FIAV is an interesting little rascal that I would encourage you to dig into to see how it works & comes apart.

-Jeremy

G

Staff member

nemovr4

ha thanks for the Wiki link G, and Jeremy I guess I should just go grab a scrap one and pull it apart. For some reason they look so simple, but aren't. I messed with mine a couple of times...(without knowing what I was doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and have never really been able to get it right again.

Thanks

Any other suggestions? Or someone in Denver want to come show me what I eff'ed up? lol I will supply the Beer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned