The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suspension

i had a question about what i should use for suspension. i have been told multiple times that regular 1g springs will not work the best because the arent as stiff as what you would need in the rear for a galant becuase of the weight, buti also heard to just cut a few coils off the front, but that seem quite ghetto, what would be the best route to go?

SmoothCustomer

Well what are you trying to do? You really don't ever want to use 1g springs in my opinion. H & R still makes VR4 specific springs but there are mixed reviews on those. You could also try modified evo 8/9 suspension.

Brunoboy

i have suspension for sale in the FS section, any questions shoot me a PM

click

DR1665

You definitely want to think about how you use the car most often before you drop any coin on suspension bits.

$500 could get a nice setup for daily driving, but it wouldn't be the best for the track.
$1500 could get a nice setup for daily driving and weekend track events, but it might get old on road trips.

All in being realistic what you want to do and knowing where you are in relation to those goals.

Last edited:

Aren't the rear springs longer on the galant? I seem to recall that the DSM springs are incompatible

i will be driving it to but im more interested in a track setup for the most part, i just didnt know what the best way to go would be, i dont entirely want to drop the money for the track supension, i am rebuilding my motor and are wanting to get around 500 hp out of it and i didnt know what i could do for suspension, and i didnt like the way it sat stock

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned