The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension

nandovr4

I know there has been a lot of topics on the EVO8 suspension but I have on e question I have not seen. I have a the EVO8 suspension that I want to install but I wanted to get everything ready before I started dissembling everything. I want to know what size springs I can get for the front to make the car sit even with the back. From what I've read the stock rear suspension will lower the car by an inch. So I need to know what springs I need for the front. I can get custom springs from Ground Control, so I would also want to know what a good spring rate would be. I can't remember what the stock rate is compared to the Evo8 is but I know that the Evo8 is stiffer. Also I have a set of MR springs so I'm going to put those in the rear. I think they have a different spring rate than the regular springs. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Fernando

Whoodoo

I know dsmtuners.com has an evo spring rate thread, so if you google that you may find some answers.

Garfield Wright had great success using Espelir springs front and rear. Look up his member's showcase posts. His car is pictured with uncut espelir springs.

nandovr4

Thanks for the info. I didn't want to cut any springs, but I'm thinking about it. I saw Curtis's thread and he seemed to do a good job and it made his car sit right.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned