The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock steering wheel grip thickness?

ktmrider

Anyone bored enough to measure the RIM/GRIP thickness ( or circumference ) of their stock leather GVR4 steering wheel? Here is a link, use the grip circumference part: click
I am gonna order one of those Wheelskins products but want to be sure of the thickness before ordering ( still in Japan ). No worries if the leather is cracked or not.
Thanks for any help folks!

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

make sure you get the 2tone
I think the solid color looks generic, might be ok in black or grey but the solid color ones on the site i didnt like.
I might get a euro perf. good find

rgeier11

I went out and took three measurements around the wheel with the dial caliper.

1.100" - 1.142"

I'll just take the middle ground and say 1.125" x pi = 3.534" circumference. This is right in the middle of two of the options from the website you posted. Haha

Last edited:

ktmrider

LOL thanks guys!
I will definitely be using a 2 tone ( White and Black ) and likely will go with the AXX unless they suggest otherwise. Hate to have the cover slip on me....
Found some on Egay for about $40 shipped, will ask about sizing first.
Appreciate the help!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned