The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock intake question

kooter

I just picked up a stock 1g intake manifold. fuel rail and throttle body on ebay for about 50 dollars.
is there any thing I can do or should do with the manifold before using it ? other then make sure it isn't cracked or broken?

vtecds1

If you have an itch to paint it, might as well do it now while it's off. The only other thing I would do with the parts that you purchased, is to change the seals on the t-body.

clean it inside and out also go through the throttle body before you put it on then you shouldnt have any problems down the road

kooter

thank you the throttle will be rebuild by the person doing the powder coating.
would the intake be something that could be ported and polished or is that just for head's?

AnotherNewb

You can port match the intake to the head, but thats kinda redundant if you dont do the same to the head. If you have the money you can get it extrude honed, that yeilds nice results.

Barnes

Unless you are looking for big power numbers, it's not worth the hassle. Just clean it up and get it coated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned